Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here Comes the Brides?

Let me first start off by stating that I am a Catholic and have been brought up in a very conservative household.  With that being said, throughout my life I have been opposed to gay marriage.  Not simply because of the fact that my family is opposed to it, but because I believe that marriage is something not to be taken lightly, and the sanctity of it should be protected.  People will argue that divorce is breaking the sanctity of marriage as well, but I don't believe in divorce either.  If you are going to be married, it needs to be until death do us part, unless obviously there are EXTREME circumstances, (abuse, etc.).  Overall, I really hope that this bill does NOT pass in Maryland.  It really bothers me when homosexuals run around and flaunt their sexuality, I don't need to run around screaming "I'm straight and I love it" why do some gay people feel the need to do that?  Does that make me a homophobe? Maybe. But let me also say that my Uncle is gay, and he is not married, nor has he ever pushed to be so.  He is a large part of our family, and is not treated any differently because of his sexuality despite my family's strong religious beliefs.  Just because I don't want my Uncle to be married doesn't mean I love him any less, it just means that I have strong religious beliefs that suggest otherwise.  Overall, I understand the desire for gay marriage, but I also believe that it would cause a HUGE rift in the wedding business because of some wedding planner/vendors beliefs, and no one should have to be that uncomfortable giving someone what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment